Bangkok offers an unforgettable shopping experience
Thailand is bound to top anyone’s must-visit list in South East Asia. There are countless attractions and hot spots that may overwhelm you, and to narrow them down is quite a task for anyone who is planning a trip to Thailand.
Considering vacationers from far and wide, the most common thing to do while travelling is shopping, and Bangkok has it all. From cool and inexpensive stuff to luxury brands and everything in between, the city is a paradise for shoppers. Whether it be shopping malls, electronic stores, weekend street markets, spending money here is an easy task. Here, are a few places you can explore while in Bangkok.
1) Chatuchak Weekend Market: If you are a bargain seeker and casual markets are your calling then Chatuchak is the place for you. Every Saturday and Sunday put on your comfortable trainers and prepare yourself for some serious walking. The market has more than 15,000 booths. Divided into sections for ease, the handicrafts, souvenirs, independently-designed clothes, jewellery, silk, and many more are sure to grab your attention.
2) MBK: Opened in 1995, this is one of Asia’s oldest shopping malls. It is particularly popular among Thai teen girls which is packed with small independent shops, mostly local brands. Though not branded you can still manage to find almost everything along with electronics on the 4th and 5th floor. And it’s also a great place to socialise with friends and family because MBK has a huge bowling alley, ice skate rink and a cinema theatre with the latest screen and sound tech.
3) Pantip Plaza: If bargain prices on gadgets keep you up all night then this is the place to be. It is a five-storeyed shopping centre full of gadgets. You can find everything from well-known retail stores to not so legal small stalls. This area is also where shoppers will find a majority of gaming gear. There are a handful of eateries on the first floor to suit your taste buds.
4) Siam Paragon: If you don’t have time to hit the market and look for bargain deals then this mall is the best alternative for you. This mall hosts many international high-end fashion brands, Southeast Asia’s largest aquarium, a 16-screen Cineplex, and a comprehensive selection of world cuisine.
5) Central World: This is the largest shopping centre in Bangkok which is most commonly seen as the luxury shopping hub. It comes under one of the attractions that provide shoppers with a huge variety of products from branded clothes to high- tech gadgets. The 7th floor has a wide selection of excellent eateries of different cuisines, plus a gourmet supermarket stocked with goodies, and the 8th floor is home to the 15 screen SF Cinema City movie complex.