Turkish Airlines, which has recently announced the passenger and cargo traffic results for October 2019, recorded 83.3% load factor in that month
According to the October 2019 Traffic Results;
- Total number of passengers carried increased by 1.9% to 6.6 million.
- Domestic load factor was 86.2% and international load factor was 82.9%.
- International-to-international transfer passengers (transit passengers) increased by 8.0%, and international passengers excluding the international to international transit passengers increased by 9.7% compared to the same period of last year. The total number of international passengers increased by 8.8% in October compared to same month of last year, which is the highest growth since the beginning of the year.
- In October, the national flag carrier realized double digit increases in number of passengers in Middle East and Far East by 11,5% and 11,4%, respectively.
- In October, cargo/mail volume increased by 7.9%, compared to the same period of 2018. Main contributors to this growth in Cargo / mail volume are Europe with 10,9%, Far East with 10.2%, and North America with 4.6% increase.
According to the January-October 2019 Traffic Results;
- During January-October 2019, the total number of passengers carried is around 63.1 million.
- During January-October 2019, total load factor reached 81.6%. International load factor was recorded as 80.9%, while domestic load factor reached 86.4%.
- International-to-international transfer passengers carried increased by 4.3%.
- Cargo/mail carried during the first ten months of 2019 increased by 9.3% and reach to 1.3 million tons.