There are numerous trails that you can choose from, and various itineraries one can develop ranging from some hours to weeks, or even for a month.
The article on Introduction to Cycling and Mountain biking in Nepal contains the basics intro into this outdoor sports activity. As mentioned there, there are numerous trails that you can choose from, and various itineraries one can develop ranging from some hours to weeks, or even for a month. Therefore, the tips are different for a different level of cycling and mountain biking.
This article will cover fundamental tips for a regular cycling trail for a day.
- Prepare a primary checklist that you would require, like identity cards, sunglasses, required apparel, water bottle, mobile phone, charger, gloves, and such. Make sure to include a comfortable backpack to carry the list.
- Always wear a helmet, even if it is a short route or inside a valley. A helmet is an essential protection gear that one must carry.
- Eat very light when you start. A heavy meal will require a lot of energy to digest that will make you feel drowsy.
- Also, pack snacks and light food. Energy bars and water with honey or glucose is recommended. A bite and a sip in between will help you regain and keep up with the energy.
- Even though you are not thirsty, make sure to drink water at regular intervals.
- Ignore speeding. Peddle in your pace and move slowly. One, it protects you from unforeseen accidents, and for others, it saves you energy. Travel must be fun and freshening, not exhausting.
- Before moving for the activity, one must know the weather forecast. It is advisable not to go for the plan if it shows a bad weather condition.
- It is an added advantage if your cycle has a rearview mirror. It helps your on-city roads a lot.
- If your route goes through main roads, make sure to follow the traffic lights and traffic rules.
- One must be alert during their cycling. Using headphones and a mobile phone is a strict no while cycling.
- Your bike must be in good condition. For a day activity, maintenance skills might not be required, but one must make sure to give the condition of your bike check a day before your plan.
- And finally, don’t forget to stop by your trails and capture the beautiful views you come across. Cycling is not only about pushing the pedals and moving forward, it is about enjoying the sceneries that you cross by and capturing travel memories.