The combine trek (Langtang, Gosaikunda, and Helambu) offers great diversity in both nature and culture. Langtang Valley is an important region for trade and a focal point for cultural exchange.
Langtang - Kyanjin Gumba - Morimoto Base Camp Trek revolves around the highlands of Rasuwa district. To add to it, the magnificent Langtang Lirung (7200 mt) barely leaves your sight during the trek. The trek starts from Syabrubesi and takes you along some of the quaint villages on your way. Sherpa Gaun, Lama Hotel, Thang Syap, Langtang and Kyanjin just leaves you wondering how could people actually civilize their society at such heights. The following day you make your way up to Tserko Ri (5033 mt) for panoramic views of surrounding mountains, namely, Langtang Lirung, Yala Peak, Changbu, Yubra and Langtang Glacier that will leave you in shock. We then descend down to Lama Hotel the next for our next adventure to unfold, Gosaikunda (4380 mt). Believed to have magical healing power, this lake is astonishing and of religious significance to domestic as well as foreign tourists.
After a days tour in Gosaikunda we climb up an alpine ridge to reach the top of the pass for astounding view of Ganesh and Langtang range. Gosaikunda, Saraswati Kunda and Ganesh Kunda are among the 108 smalls holy ponds located in the area.This sacred ponds become a celebration heights for thousands of Hindus during Janai Purnima every year. As we descend down from the pass, we feel the cool breeze and cozy teahouses of Helambu region. As the Langtang and Ganesh ranges disappear from our sight, green lush valleys, small streams and thick Rhododendron forests appear before us. Inhabited largely by the Sherpas, Helambu is an iconic destination in itself. As we head eastwards deep into Helambu, the eastern mountains of Jugal, Dorje Lakpa up till Gaurishankar appear before us.
This trek is similar to a roller coaster ride taking you through nerve racking passes, beautiful villages, jaw dropping vegetation and warm hospitality of native peoples.Its a long trek but definitely worth your time and money. Red Panda, Pika, Muntjac, Musk Deer, Himalayan Black Bear, Himalayan Thar and Ghoral, Common Langur and other wild animals are spread across the trail that keeps your camera always in a stand by mode.
- Day 1 : Kathmandu to Dhunche (1960 mt) 6 hours drive
- Day 2 : Dhunche to Barbal (2280 mt) 3.25 hours to Thulo Syapru (2250 mt) 1 hour totals to 4.25 which hours trek
- Day 3 : Thulo Syaphru to Bamboo Lounge (1970 mt) 3hours to Rimche (2455 mt) 2.25 which hours totals to 5.25 hours trek
- Day 4 : Rimche to Gumnachowk (2769 mt) 1.5 hours to Ghoda Tabela (2972 mt) 1.25 hours to Chyamki ( 3230 mt) to Langtang ( 3430 mt) 1.5 hours which totals to 6.5 hours trek
- Day 5 : Langtang to Kyanjin Gumba (3870 mt) 2.75 hours trek
- Side trip
- Day 6 : Kyanjin Gumba to Numthang (3940 mt) 2.5 hours to Langshisha Kharka (4080 mt) 1 hr which totals to 3.5 hours trek
- Day 7 : Langshisha Kharka to Morimoto Base Camp (4780 mt) 3 hours trek
- Day 8 : Morimoto Base camp to Kyanjin Gumba (3870 mt) 6 hours trek
- Day 9: Kyanjin Gumba to Langtang (3430 mt) 2.5 hours to Ghodatabela (2972mt) 3 hours to Gumna Chowk (2769 mt) 1.5 hours to Rimche ( 2455 mt) 4.5 hours which totals to 11.5 hours trek
- Day 10 : Rimche to Bamboo Lodge (1970 mt) 2 hours to Thulo Syapru (2250 mt) 2.5 hours to Dhunche (1960 mt) 3 hours which totals to 7.5 hours trek
- Day 11 : Dhunche to Kathmandu (1317 mt) 6 hours drive